The Gen II offers exclusive features that make it the premier shaft seal on the market with the culmination of more than a quarter century of experience in shaft seal design. The Gen II offers a unique ball-bearing drive system that allows the seal ring to "float" and remain in constant contact with the carbon graphite seal surface, resulting in a seal that's impenetrable to water.
• The Gen II uses a 316-marine grade stainless steel spring to provide pressure to the seal surfaces. Together, the spring and seal ring rotate along with the shaft, and remain secured in the Clamp/Pressure housing.
• The Clamp/Pressure housing is secured to the shaft without the use of set screws preventing galling or damage to the shaft.
• Dual u-cup seals, which also rotate on the shaft, are seated inside of the seal ring and prevent the passage of water to this point.
• The friction ring assembly is constructed of a durable copolymer housing protecting the carbon graphite friction ring and also incorporating a water lubricated bearing maintaining correct alignment to the shaft.
• Each kit includes AWAB hose clamps that are made of 316 stainless steel with rolled band edges to eliminate risk of damage to the hose. The non-perforated band provides twice the tensile strength of a regular clamp.
• Available in shaft sizes of 1” – 4” (30mm – 100mm) in diameter.
• All units have dual water injection ports including necessary hardware.
• Rated “Best” by Powerboat Reports
Lasdrop is able to satisfy any shaft seal application with our four different drip-less seal models: DrySeal, Original Bellows, The Generation II, and Tri Seal. Each model is easy to install, requires little or no maintenance, and is sold as a complete kit – all backed by a three year warranty. Our products are used worldwide in both commercial, recreational and transportation vessels by owners who demand durability and reliability. All four of our models are designed for both aftermarket and new construction. Lasdrop Shaft Seals are manufactured and engineered by Nautical Specialties entirely in the USA, using only the highest-grade materials. We utilize advanced engineering and design to produce the finest shaft seals available. Our goal is to ensure water does not enter the bilge and stays outside of your vessel. Please visit us at lasdrop.com firstname.lastname@example.org P 810.388.9718 800.940.7325